We are closed for the season.
If the barn door is open stop in for winter squash and pumpkins (a few left) or call first.There are still some raspberries across the road.
There were a couple of things that could have caused us to have such a light crop and run out of apples so early. We feel the first two were the main reason.
- Were the trees dormant in late November and December when the temperature was in the teens?
- Because of the heavy snowfall this past winter there was a lot of deer damage to our apple trees.
- Did we thin the apples too much?
- Did we not thin enough last year? (see the link above)
What we offer
- Pick Your Own
- Apples, Pears, Raspberries and Flowers
- In Our Store
- Apples, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and other vegetables
- Honey Bee Mine and local Honey
- Apple Gate Deer Farm Venison
- Twin Maples Farm Maple Syrup
- Cider (around Labor Day)
- Capt Jack's Cider Donuts
- Dried Flowers
- Pumpkins and gourds
- Indian Corn, Corn Stalks and Hay Bales
- Pick, pack and ship a healthy gift of fruit! Or, let us do it for you!
- Ship donuts to a loved one or a friend
- Things to do
- Farm Animal display area, Fairy Village, Corn Maze and picnic areas
- Miles of trails for hiking
- Hay Rides (Labor Day - Columbus Day, weekends and Holidays, 10am-4pm, weather permitting)
- Capt Jacks Donut Shack (open Labor Day weekend, weekends and Holidays)
- School groups and organizations or have a Birthday Party with us
- Geocaches on the property (outside the orchards)