Weekend of August 11th 2012
What's ready for picking!
- Jersey Mac
- Summer Mac
- Flaming Fury PF-15
- Raritan Rose
- Summer Beaut - pick carefully the Japanese beetles are attacking them.
- Ozark Premier
Not a lot of apples set - varieties
- Golden Delicious
- Blue Pearmain
- Grey Pearmain
- Lady Apple
Dark Color, bright red with yellow highlights, bloom of McIntosh, but ripening a month earlier, Perfumed with striped strawberry or vinous flavor, sweet, melting, snow white medium firm flesh, tough skin. One of the earliest apple we grow. Always the first fresh apple pie of the season. Once picked the apples should be eaten within a couple of weeks. They should be kept refrigerated.
Bright red apple with creamy white flesh.
PAULARED mid - August
McIntosh type but ripens earlier. Solid red, strong vinous or strawberry flavor, sweet yet sprightly, quite firm white flesh. An excellent early apple.
FLAMIN FURY PF 15A Peach
This large, mostly red yellow freestone, good firmness, excellent flavor and size. It crops heavily an is hardy.
RARITAN ROSE Peach
A firm, attractive, white fleshed freestone of good quality. The tree is vigorous, hardy and productive. The best early white peach for the roadside trade.
SUMMER BEAUT Nectarine
An exceptional yellow fleshed nectarine, freestone, has medium size, good color and firmness for an early season nectarine.
OZARK PREMIER Plum
A giant! Great for the Ohio Valley, Northeast, Midwest. Semi-freestone plums are firm, sweet and juicy.
What we offer
- Pick Your Own
- Apples, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums, Pears, Raspberries and Flowers
- In Our Store
- Apples, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and other vegetables
- Honey Bee Mine and local Honey
- G.H. McDougal Goat Cheese, Eggs and pasture raised Beef and Pork
- Twin Maples Farm Maple Syrup
- Cider (around Labor Day)
- Capt Jack's Cider Donuts
- Dried Flowers and Fall Mums
- Pumpkins and gourds
- Indian Corn, Corn Stalks and Hay Bales
- Pick, pack and ship a healthy gift of fruit! Or, let us do it for you!
- Ship dounts to a loved one or a friend
- Things to do
- Farm Animal display area, Fairy Village, Corn Maze and picnic areas
- Miles of trails for hiking
- Hay Rides (Labor Day - Columbus Day, weekends and Holidays, 10am-4pm, weather permitting)
- Capt Jacks Donut Shack (open Labor Day weekend, weekends and Holidays)
- School groups and organizations or have a Birthday Party with us
- Geocaches on the property (outside the orchards)