Home - Mobile Contact Us 207-324-5054
The salesroom in the barn is open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
We will reopen for Pick your own this weekend, October 4th and 5th. This will be our final weekend and close for the 2014 season after Sunday.
In the salesroom you can find hand picked apples, cider, donuts, pumpkins, various vegetables, winter squashes and other seasonal products.
There will be pumpkin hay rides in the Main orchard this weekend (October 4-5) for pumpkins. The Donut Shack will be open this weekend.
We have plenty of raspberries waiting to be picked across the road.
Where did all the apples go?
There were a couple of things that could have caused us to have such a light crop and run out of apples so early. We feel the first two were the main reason.
- Were the trees dormant in late November and December when the temperature was in the teens?
- Because of the heavy snowfall this past winter there was a lot of deer damage to our apple trees.
- Did we thin the apples too much?
- Did we not thin enough last year? (see the link above)
Raspberries are ready. There will be NO raspberry picking on Wednesdays (so they can ripen)
What we offer
- Pick Your Own
- Apples, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums, Pears, Raspberries and Flowers
- In Our Store
- Apples, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and other vegetables
- Honey Bee Mine and local Honey
- G.H. McDougal Goat Cheese, Eggs and pasture raised Beef and Pork
- Apple Gate Deer Farm Venison
- Twin Maples Farm Maple Syrup
- Cider (around Labor Day)
- Capt Jack's Cider Donuts
- Dried Flowers and Fall Mums
- Pumpkins and gourds
- Indian Corn, Corn Stalks and Hay Bales
- Pick,pack and ship a healthy gift of fruit! Or,let us do it for you!
- Ship dounts to a loved one or a friend
- Things to do
- Farm Animal display area, Fairy Village, Corn Maze and picnic areas
- Miles of trails for hiking
- Hay Rides (Labor Day - Columbus Day, weekends and Holidays, 10am-4pm, weather permitting)
- Capt Jacks Donut Shack (open Labor Day weekend, weekends and Holidays)
- School groups and organizations or have a Birthday Party with us
- Geocahes on the property (outside the orchards)
We accept Cash, Checks, Visa, MC, Discover, SNAP/EBT and WIC vouchers
We're closer than you think!
20 min. off the ME Tpke
90 min. from Boston MA
90 min. from Manchester NH
45 min. from Portland ME
45 min. from Portsmouth NH
Directions: Mapquest (Google Maps may not get you here).
©2011 McDougal Orchards LLC | Revised:30 September 2014