Home - Mobile Contact Us 207-324-5054
We are OPEN for the 2014 (our 40th) Season of Pick Your Own.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
Our crop is light this year and it is possible that this weekend could be the last weekend for Pick Your Own. We will make a decision on this after this weekend.
Raspberries are ready. There will be NO raspberry picking on Wednesdays (so they can ripen)
Available for picking now:
tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers in the salesroom.
*Honeycrisp - only a few bushels left in the salesroom.
This year our apple crop is light.
Here are the varieties that look okay:
McIntosh, Cortland, Gala, Blondee, Fuji, Tolman Sweet, Red Delicious
Varieties that are very light:
Macoun, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Brock, Crispin, Spencer, Baldwin.
And varieties that failed:
Fortune, Gray Pearmain, Northern Spy, Blue Pearmain, Lady Apple
What we offer
- Pick Your Own
- Apples, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums, Pears, Raspberries and Flowers
- In Our Store
- Apples, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and other vegetables
- Honey Bee Mine and local Honey
- G.H. McDougal Goat Cheese, Eggs and pasture raised Beef and Pork
- Apple Gate Deer Farm Venison
- Twin Maples Farm Maple Syrup
- Cider (around Labor Day)
- Capt Jack's Cider Donuts
- Dried Flowers and Fall Mums
- Pumpkins and gourds
- Indian Corn, Corn Stalks and Hay Bales
- Pick,pack and ship a healthy gift of fruit! Or,let us do it for you!
- Ship dounts to a loved one or a friend
- Things to do
- Farm Animal display area, Fairy Village, Corn Maze and picnic areas
- Miles of trails for hiking
- Hay Rides (Labor Day - Columbus Day, weekends and Holidays, 10am-4pm, weather permitting)
- Capt Jacks Donut Shack (open Labor Day weekend, weekends and Holidays)
- School groups and organizations or have a Birthday Party with us
- Geocahes on the property (outside the orchards)
We accept Cash, Checks, Visa, MC, Discover, SNAP/EBT and WIC vouchers
We're closer than you think!
20 min. off the ME Tpke
90 min. from Boston MA
90 min. from Manchester NH
45 min. from Portland ME
45 min. from Portsmouth NH
Directions: Mapquest (Google Maps may not get you here).
©2011 McDougal Orchards LLC | Revised:21 September 2014