COVID 19 changes for this year
We know that you, like all of us, are focused on the Covid-19 virus and its potential to impact our families, friends, co-workers, and our country. We wanted to share the changes we will be implementing this season because, for us, your safety is of the utmost importance. Our decisions are based on months of virtual meetings about Pick Your Own precautions and advice from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry (DACF), Cornell University and the North Carolina State and University of Maine Cooperative Extension Services.What to expect from us: For the safety of our customers and employees:
- Our employees will answer a series of self-screening questions every morning before coming to work.
- Our staff will wear face coverings when working with the public.
- We continue to follow food safety guidelines from the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Our guidelines are subject to change as needed to comply with state and federal mandates.
- We prefer credit card purchases but we will gladly accept cash (or local checks).
We will minimize contact in the orchard through:
- Providing pre-paid, flat-rate bags rather than weighing the fruit (no containers from home this year).
- Asking that only ONE person per group approach to purchase/pick-up bags.
- Providing an option to pre-purchase your bags on our online store.
- Operating at a capacity that follows state guidelines for number of guests per acre.
- Using a reservation system on weekends to manage crowds.
We will minimize contact in the farm store through:
- Offering many items on our online store for pick-up (no shipping).
- Providing an exclusive pick-up window for CSA customers and online orders.
- Selling pre-bagged fruit and having employees bag custom orders.
- Operating at a capacity that follows state guidelines for number of guests per square foot.
- Providing a safe traffic flow and social distance markers.
- Offering extended hours for seniors and at-risk people (8-9am, by appointment).
What we expect from you: We are doing our part to keep you safe during your visit, and we hope you will do the same for us by:
- Checking our guidelines before you arrive to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
- Complying with all posted signs.
- Bringing a face covering and using it indoors and where social distancing isn’t possible.
- Giving other groups at least 6 feet of space, even when out in the orchards.
- Washing your hands before picking fruit (hand wash stations will be available).
- Waiting to eat any fruit until you get home.
Above all, we ask for your patience with all these changes.